Within the context of Singaporean education system, learning Chinese is taken as important like any other science subject because students who attain good grades in Chinese language get bonus marks to join a good junior college. In spite of this incentive, many students don’t attain the good grades in Chinese language hence the explosion of tuition centres. There are many tuition centres in Singapore offering extra lessons in Chinese to various categories of students. It is important to remark that learners have various reasons of seeking the tuition like Chinese language enrichment and learning for the sake of passing Chinese examination papers. This article will explains some of the benefits of these Chinese tuition centres for learners who want to excel in their exams and have an opportunity of joining a good junior college.
- Gives the learner the necessary exposure. Most of the students with poor mastery of Chinese vocabulary, and limited reading and comprehension skills of the subject, come from English speaking homes. The Chinese tuition centres, expose the students to these vital skills. The students are equipped with the right and appropriate skills to tackle examination testing on the above skills. Learners also get additional life skills like creativity and articulation of words.
- They give a student personalized service. Because various students go to these tuitions with various learning needs, they are given a personalized tuition service tailored to overcome their challenge. The tutor is able to identify the learner’s individual challenges and initiate strategies of overcoming it. In this way, they learners get prepared sufficiently for Chinese examination paper. Other important areas like enrichment skills are also tackled to enable the learner to be all around.
- Tips on how to tackle exams. The tutors coach the students on various techniques and strategies of tackling examination in Chinese language. This ensures that even the most academically challenged student is helped to attain a pass mark in this paper. Due to the experience of tutors, they are able to guide the students have skills on how to handle the Chinese exam paper and strategies of selecting and tackling questions.
- Different and friendly environment. Most of these tuition centres provide a friendlier and a good environment for learners to enjoy the learning process hence overcoming their unique challenges. This is contrary, from the school environment which is very formal and artificial. The friendlier tutors and learning environment facilitates acquisition of knowledge smoothly.
- Parents get value for their money. Because learners improve after tuition learning, parents are able to appreciate value for their tuition fee. The tuition adds value to the students’ performance and overcome their Chinese learning handicaps.